I am incredibly honoured to have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by @C_Leavessunsets over at Crunchy Leaves and Sunsets. Thank you so much for the nomination and I am so excited to get going with my post. I have seen this award doing the rounds many times and dreamt of receiving a nomination so I am very happy to have finally gotten one.
Well, without further ado, let’s get into it!
1. If you could invite anyone to perform at your next birthday party, who would it be and why?
This is quite a tough one, as there are plenty of bands and singers that I would love to perform at my birthday party, big and small. Having to pick one is difficult. I think I would enjoy a more intimate performance, which eliminates a lot of the popular bands from the list. With that in mind, I am going to go with my very dear friend, who is an amazing singer and means the world to me. She knows who she is and may even be reading this too. Hint, hint haha.
2. What is your favourite item of clothing?
Oh, I like this one, despite not having many items of clothing. There are clothes that I think look great on me and they give me a big boost of confidence. I’m going to go with my favourite t-shirt, which is black with a skull and crossed guitars on it. I can’t find it right now, otherwise I would put up a photo but I think it makes me look good and it’s been a favourite t-shirt for a long time.
3. What three words would your friends use to describe you?
I have spent a while asking my friends what words they would use to describe me, as I don’t want to assume anything. I have been pleasantly surprised to see so many positive responses. I will list them below:
Kind, Caring and Warm
Intelligent, Caring and Gentleman
Best ****ing Human
Funny, Caring and Genuine
My Big Brother
Comical, Loveable and Fluffy
Nice, Beardy and Pretty
Caring, Passionate and Modest
Three guesses which one came from my younger brother.
4. Would you rather eat a hair sandwich or drink a shot of snot?
This is easy. I hate the feeling of having hair in my mouth and trying to eat a hair sandwich would be an absolute nightmare. It has to be the shot of snot!
5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
I have very few pet peeves but the ones I do have are very important to me. Things like poor grammar and loud eating. I think my biggest, however, has to be disrespect for your friends. Specifically, when you are sitting with friends and somebody is telling a story or speaking their opinion on a topic and somebody just constantly interrupts with nonsensical and irrelevant stories. Let your friend finish first. You would hate it if people spoke over the top of you.
6. If you could pick one cocktail to represent you, which would it be and why?
I really like this one, as I enjoy cocktails and don’t get to drink them often. I think I would like the White Russian or Caucasian to represent me. This I think comes from my love of the film “The Big Lebowski” and the character “The Dude”, as it’s his drink of choice and I wouldn’t mind being The Dude.
7. What is your guilty pleasure?
I don’t really have any guilty pleasures, as I have reached a stage of my life where I understand that I like what I like and I shouldn’t care if people judge me. That being said, I do really like playing bingo and a lot of my friends would take the mickey out of me for that!
8. Where are you going on your next holiday?
Well, I have actually been discussing going to Ibiza next year! My friend has won tickets to an event and we are going to book an apartment for it. It’s going to be a great time!
9. What do you like to do to indulge yourself?
When I am really indulging myself, I have takeaway food, such as pizza or a Chinese, and go to the pub for drinks. I love spending time with my friends and family so indulging myself almost always includes social events, where I can let my hair down and have fun.
10. What one thing could you not live without?
Music. It really is my first love and I do not know what I would do without it. I listen to it almost all the time, play it on my guitar and I love going to see live music. It resonates with me in an infinite number of ways and there is always something I can be listening to, no matter my mood.
11. If you could be an animal, which would you be and why?
I have always loved lions. I don’t really know why but they have always been my favourite animal. I would love to be a lion even for a day. They are so majestic and I can just imagine myself with a large mane, sitting so proudly and patiently.
I hope you have enjoyed getting to know me a little better and thank you very much to Vicky for the questions! Now it’s my turn to nominate some bloggers and ask my own questions!
The rules are:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their post.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new bloggers to receive the awards and write 11 questions for them to answer
4. List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo on your blog.
Here are your questions!
- What do you like to do with your time, other than blogging?
- Who has been your biggest influence during your time as a writer/blogger?
- Are you happy with your life at the moment?
- Where would you most like to travel and why?
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
- Do you have any other talents, silly or serious?
- If you could pick one thing for which you are most thankful today, what would it be?
- What is your favourite snack and why?
- What is your favourite drink and why?
- Where is your favourite place to buy clothes and what do you usually buy?
- What is your biggest goal at the moment and are you working towards it?
I can t wait to see all of the answers to these! Thanks for reading and make sure you follow everybody in my list to see their answers!
Love and Peace